Thursday, November 13, 2008

Xerox Project






The assignment was to xerox ourselves (body mostly) and create a collage. My project was exactly that but with an extra feature. I developed the idea of layering these images so that when illuminated from the back, it would create abstract imagery. I did a first layer on the inside of the lamp so that it was the first thing to show through. The second two layers were on the outside of the lamp which in some places darkened the light creating many cool effects. I even took some matt board and found different edges from multiple layers and framed them. I wanted to frame the bottom portion because with the light off, the frame looks out of place. But when the light is turned on, the images fill the frame with different levels of light and imagery.

The top two pics are the lamp without the light on. You can see only the surface images which is what I was going for.

No comments: